Food Industry Translation
English to French Food Industry Translation and French to English Food Industry Translation
We assist organizations within the food industry with sector-specific documentation (or otherwise) that is written in the English or Spanish languages and requires accurate translation into French. Food industry subject areas for which we can source freelance translation expertise include: Food Sources; Food Production; Food Preparation; Food Trade; Food Aid; Food Safety (see also: Medical Translation – Allergy and Immunology); Food Diet; and, Nutrition.
The food industry encompasses a whole host of topics that touch upon a wide variety of industries. Documentation requiring translation that we are capable of handling would include (but not be limited to) the following food industry sectors: Regulation (food quality and food safety); Lobbying; Research & Development (food technology); Manufacturing (agrichemicals, seed, farm machinery,and supplies); Agriculture (raising crops and livestock – see also: Agricultutal Products Translation – fish farming); Food Processing (preparation of fresh products for market, manufacture of prepared food products); Marketing (promotion of generic products such as milk board, promotion of new products, public opinion research, advertising, packaging, public relations, etc.); Food Wholesaling and Distribution (warehousing, transportation and logistics); and, Retailing (supermarket chains and independent food stores, direct-to-consumer enterprises, restaurants, food services and hospitality).
Of course, in addition to English or from French and English to or from Spanish food industry translation assignments, we can also assist you with the translation of the world's most popular languages into or from: Chinese; Arabic; German; Japanese; Portuguese; Russian; Korean; Italian; Hindi; and more...
Food Industry Services Language – Technical Considerations
Our translators, editors and proofreaders render well-written and clearly understandable texts. We place a high value on rendering a finished product that is faithful to the technical (i.e. food industry) as well as cultural nuances of the target language text, where such may apply.
French to English Food industry Translation Projects and French to Spanish Food industry Translation Projects
We assist businesses in finding the best available French to English and French to Spanish Food Industry translation resources – including experienced freelance translators familiar with food industry jargon (actual current or former practionners in the field food industry if appropriate or required).
In our experience, a target language native-speaker may not necessarily be the right freelance food industry translator for the job. (See: Common myths and misconceptions about translation.) Though a native-speaker may be preferable for certain translation assignments, having native language skills may not 'translate into' food industry jargon expertise (pun intended). An experienced linguist with strong Spanish and French or English and French language translation credentials, in-depth experience and professional credentials in food industry translation, regardless of native language, may often prove to be a better choice.
In a nutshell, we use professional translators who have a solid mastery of the language used in the food industry (grammar, spelling, technical and cultural nuances) and a solid understanding of the subject matter.
Once we are confident that the appropriate freelance resources have been identified and certain that we can honour the project deadline, we submit a quote for the translation assignment.
If we cannot secure the appropriate resources, we will do our best to refer you to food industry translation sources of information that we have confidence in.
Bi-Directional French Food Industry Translation Service for virtually any language pair
In addition to providing translation services from any language into the English language, we can also assist you with the translation of French language material into the world's most popular languages: French to Chinese; French to Arabic; French to German; French to Japanese; French to Portuguese; French to Russian; French to Korean; French to Italian; French to Hindi; to name but the most popular.... We can source translation expertise for virtually any language pair.
|Additional Food industry Translation Information Content |
CILFO Translations Contact Information
Toll Free: 1-888-722-3515
Food Industry Clients and Prospects
The top food distributors in Canada* for which we may have done work** would include:
The top food manufacturers & processors in Canada* for which we may have done work** would include:
The top food and drugstore suppliers (sellers) in Canada* for which we may have done work** would include:
- McCain Foods Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Florenceville, New Brunswick (Employees: n.a.)
- Maple Leaf Foods Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Toronto, Ontario (Employees: 23,600)
- Saputo Inc. – Corporate HQ: St-Léonard, Quebec (Employees: 9,200)
- Agropur Coopérative – Corporate HQ: Longueuil, Quebec (Employees: 5,000)
- PepsiCo (Canada) – Corporate HQ: Mississauga, Ontario (Employees: n.a.)
- Parmalat Canada Inc. – Corporate HQ: Toronto, Ontario (Employees: 3,000)
- General Mills Canada Corp. – Corporate HQ: Mississauga, Ontario (Employees: n.a.)
- Maple Lodge Holding Corp. – Corporate HQ: Brampton, Ontario (Employees: 2,800)
- Premium Brands Income Fund – Corporate HQ: Richmond, British Columbia (Employees: 1,677)
- Casco Inc. – Corporate HQ: Toronto, Ontario (Employees: n.a.)
- Aliments Breton (Canada) Inc. – Corporate HQ: St-Bernard, Quebec (Employees: n.a.)
Other Food Industry Organizations – "Prominent Food Companies" (Source: Wikipedia):
- George Weston Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Toronto, Ontario (Employees: 145,000)
- Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. – Corporate HQ: Laval, Quebec (Employees: 45,000)
- Empire Co. Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Stellarton, Nova Scotia (Employees: 39,630)
- Metro Inc. – Corporate HQ: Montreal, Quebec (Employees: 65,000)
- Shoppers Drug Mart Corp. – Corporate HQ: Toronto, Ontario (Employees: 46,650)
- The Katz Group – Corporate HQ: Edmonton, Alberta (Employees: 21,300)
- Canada Safeway Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 30,000)
- The Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc. – Corporate HQ: Longueuil, Quebec (Employees: 955)
- Colabor Income Fund – Corporate HQ: Boucherville, Quebec (Employees: 1,170)
- Calgary Co-operative Association Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 4,000)
- Nestlé is the world's largest food and beverage company. Kraft Foods is the largest U.S. based food and beverage company. Unilever is an Anglo-Dutch company that owns many of the world's consumer product brands in foods and beverages.
- DuPont and Monsanto are the leading producers of pesticide, seeds, and other farming products.
- Both Archer Daniels Midland and Cargill process grain into animal feed and a diverse group of products. ADM also provides agricultural storage and transportation services, while Cargill operates a finance wing.
- Bunge is a global soybean exporter and is also involved in food processing, grain trading, and fertilizer.
- Dole Food Company is the world's largest fruit company. Chiquita Brands International, another US based fruit company, is the leading distributor of bananas in the United States. Sunkist Growers, Incorporated is a U.S. based grower's cooperative.
- Tyson Foods is the world's largest processor and marketer of chicken and the largest beef exporter from the United States. Smithfield Foods is the world's largest pork processor and hog producer.
- Sysco Corporation, mainly catering to North America and Canada, is one of the world's largest food distributors.
Dictionary of Food: International Food and Cooking Terms from A to Z (Paperback)
The Dictionary of Food is the indispensable companion for everyone who loves reading about food, or cooking it. We live in a globalised world, and our tastes in food have widened dramatically in recent years. The Dictionary of Food reflects this huge cultural shift. With concise descriptions of dishes, ingredients, equipment, and techniques, it brings the world's cuisines, familiar and less familiar, within our grasp. ' so interesting that it only stayed on my desk very briefly before it was taken away invaluable in anyone's kitchen and particularly useful for professional chefs.' - Caroline Waldegrave, Leiths School of Food and Wine
Multilingual Dictionary of Fish and Fish Products (Hardcover)
Successive editions of this remarkable work have facilitated international trade in fish and fish products by making available a comprehensive source of specialised information and general knowledge on fish, other marine life and fish products in commercial use today. The revised and expanded new edition includes over 1,200 entries and new languages such as Korean. Compiled by the OECD, The Multilingual Dictionary of Fish and Fish Products is a vital source of reference for all those working in the area of fish, fisheries management and aquaculture worldwide.
Dictionnaire Gastronomique Français/Anglais - Dictionary of Gastronomic Terms French/English
The Caribbean Multilingual Dictionary of Flora, Fauna and Foods in English, French, French Creole and Spanish (Paperback)
The Caribbean Multilingual Dictionary, written in English, French, and Spanish, with French Creole included, is intended to provide a reliable and authentic standard reference in the areas of flora, fauna and foods. The dictionary, which includes 2,500 entries in English, with 8,000 to10,000 equivalents in French and Spanish, will be of significant benefit to the entire region, especially to the education, tourist, agricultural and commercial sectors and will promote the linguistic and cultural integration of the territories of the Caribbean with those of Latin America.
FRENCH TRANSLATION BOOK STORE
Everything the web has to offer in terms of bi-directional French dictionaries, French reference material, French translation software and hardware that is of particular interest to translators working with French, as well as the French translation and linguistics community can be found in the FreeTranslationClassifieds.com French Translation Bookstore.
If you have surplus translation books, translation software or translation reference material, why not list it FOR SALE in the Translation Classifieds TRANSLATORS' STORE.
CILFO Translations Proofreading & Editing Resource Store
Find New and Used Proofreading & Editing Resources and Multi-Language Reference Material in the CILFO Translation Bookstore.
The Traveling Linguist
"When in Rome..." Get maximum value out of your travel dollars, Nothing beats being prepared and there's no experience like mixing with the locals. What better place to find the language travel resources than on a website frequented by linguists and the global linguistics community.
*Source of data: Financial Post Magazine June 2009
Translate any text or Web page directly from your desktop!
Lonely Planet Language Guides