Oil & Gas Industry Translation
English to French Oil and Gas Translation Projects and French to English Oil and Gas Translation Projects
We assist oil and gas companies and oil and gas field services organizations with sector-specific documentation (or otherwise) that is written in the English or Spanish languages and requires accurate translation into French. The Oil and Gas sector covers a wide spectrum of topics and our translation services encompass all of them, including documentation related to: crude oil exploration; hydrocarbons; natural gas; research and development (R&D); petrochemicals and derivative chemicals (see also: Chemicals & Fertilizers Translation).
Our translation service extends to documentation related to refining processes and refined products also known as petroleum distillation and petroleum distillates: diesel fuel aka petrodiesel, fuel oils, ethane, gasoline aka petrol, jet fuel, kerosene, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), liquefied natural gas (LNG)); non-hydrocarbons, i.e. derivative products: alkenes (olefins), lubricants (light machine oils, motor oils, and greases), wax (used in frozen food packaging), sulfur or sulfuric acid, bulk tar, asphalt, petroleum coke, paraffin wax and aromatic petrochemicals.
Of course, in addition to English or from French and English to or from Spanish Oil and gas Industry translation assignments, we can also assist you with the translation of the world's most popular languages into or from: Chinese; Arabic; German; Japanese; Portuguese; Russian; Korean; Italian; Hindi; and more...
Oil and Gas Sector – Technical Considerations
Our translators, editors and proofreaders render well-written and clearly understandable texts. We place a high value on rendering a finished product that is faithful to the technical (i.e. oil and gas sectors) as well as cultural nuances of the target language text, where such may apply.
French to English Oil and Gas Sector Translation Projects and French to Spanish Oil and Gas Industry Translation Projects
We assist businesses in finding the best available French to English and French to Spanish oil and gas translation resources – including experienced freelance translators familiar with the oil and gas sectors' jargon (actual current or former practionners in a given field of oil & gas if appropriate or required).
In our experience, a target language native-speaker may not necessarily be the right freelance oil & gas sector translator for the job. (See: Common myths and misconceptions about translation.) Though a native-speaker may be preferable for certain translation assignments, having native language skills may not 'translate into' Oil and Gas jargon expertise (pun intended). An experienced linguist with strong Spanish and French or English and French language translation credentials, in-depth experience and professional credentials in Oil and/or Gas, regardless of native language, may often prove to be a better choice.
In a nutshell, we use professional translators who have a solid mastery of the language used in the oil and gas sectors (grammar, spelling, technical and cultural nuances) and a solid understanding of the subject matter.
Once we are confident that the appropriate freelance resources have been identified and certain that we can honour the project deadline, we submit a quote for the translation assignment.
If we cannot secure the appropriate resources, we will do our best to refer you to oil or gas sector translation sources of information that we have confidence in.
Bi-Directional French Oil and Gas Sector Translation Service for virtually any language pair
In addition to providing translation services from any language into the English language, we can also assist you with the translation of French language material into the world's most popular languages: French to Chinese; French to Arabic; French to German; French to Japanese; French to Portuguese; French to Russian; French to Korean; French to Italian; French to Hindi; to name but the most popular.... We can source translation expertise for virtually any language pair.
|Additional Oil and Gas Translation Information Content |
CILFO Translations Contact Information
Toll Free: 1-888-722-3515
Oil and Gas Sector Clients and Prospects
The top oil and gas production organizations in Canada* for which we may have done work** would include:
The top oil and gas services organizations in Canada* for which we may have done work** would include:
- EnCana Corp. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 6,048)
- Imperial Oil Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 4,850)
- Suncor Energy Inc. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 6,798)
- Petro-Canada – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 6,088)
- Husky Energy Inc. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 4,592)
- Enbridge Inc. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 6,079)
- Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 3,782)
- Ultramar Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Montreal, Quebec (Employees: 1,084)
- Talisman Energy Inc. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 2,966)
- TransCanada Corp. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 3,987)
See also: Gas, Electrical, Pipeline Utilities Translation and Chemical and Fertilizer Products Translation
- Flint Energy Services Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 10,910)
- Ensign Energy Services Inc. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 6,790)
- Mullen Group Income Fund – Corporate HQ: Okotoks, Alberta (Employees: 3,280)
- CHC Helicopter Corp. – Corporate HQ: Richmond, British Columbia (Employees: 4,439)
- Weatherford Canada Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: n.a.)
- Precision Drilling Trust – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 7,200)
- Trican Well Service Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 3,214)
- North American Energy Partners Inc. Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Acheson, Alberta (Employees: 2,400)
- Smith International Canada Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: n.a.)
- Trinidad Drilling Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 2,431)
- Eveready Inc. – Corporate HQ: Edmonton, Alberta (Employees: 2,900)
- Tesco Corp. – Corporate HQ: Houston, Texas (Employees: 1,834)
- Calfrac Well Services Ltd. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 1,800)
- Nabors Canada – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: n.a.)
- BJ Services Co. Canada – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: n.a.)
- Savanna Energy Services Corp. – Corporate HQ: Calgary, Alberta (Employees: 1,962)
- Lockerbie & Hole Inc. – Corporate HQ: Edmonton, Alberta (Employees: 2,815)
Modern English-russian & Russian-english Dictionary on Oil & Gas
The Illustrated Petroleum Reference Dictionary
Revised and enlarged. Includes 1,280 new entries and illustrations. Definitions on everything from lease acquisitions, exploration, production, and transportation to refining, petrochemicals, and marketing. DLC: Petroleum - Dictionaries.
Dictionary of Petroleum Exploration, Drilling, & Production (Hardcover)
Contents: Drilling & completion records Rotary drilling rig Cable tool drilling rig Crank counterbalanced bean pumping unit Geological time scale Giant oil & gas fields Mineral properties Sandstone limestone classifications Carbonate porosity Common geological map & log symbols Drill stem test symbols Flow sheet symbols Land subdivisions (U.S.) Geological features (U.S. & Canada) Unit conversion factors Atomic weights & numbers Greek alphabet.
Dictionary of Petroleum Exploration, Drilling, & Production (Hardcover)
Contains more than 20,000 technical terms and idioms used in the oil and gas industry and ancillary fields.
FRENCH TRANSLATION BOOK STORE
Everything the web has to offer in terms of bi-directional French dictionaries, French reference material, French translation software and hardware that is of particular interest to translators working with French, as well as the French translation and linguistics community can be found in the FreeTranslationClassifieds.com French Translation Bookstore.
If you have surplus translation books, translation software or translation reference material, why not list it FOR SALE in the Translation Classifieds TRANSLATORS' STORE.
CILFO Translations Proofreading & Editing Resource Store
Find New and Used Proofreading & Editing Resources and Multi-Language Reference Material in the CILFO Translation Bookstore.
The Traveling Linguist
"When in Rome..." Get maximum value out of your travel dollars, Nothing beats being prepared and there's no experience like mixing with the locals. What better place to find the language travel resources than on a website frequented by linguists and the global linguistics community.
*Source of data: Financial Post Magazine June 2009
Translate any text or Web page directly from your desktop!
Lonely Planet Language Guides